If you have never try duck tour before, then it is time to try at least once. This ride will not disappoint you. The amphibious Ducktour starts from land then “Splash” into the water. In just an hour, you get to see 80% of the must see historical sites in Singapore. The tour route is a carefully planned journey through the most popular tourist areas of the city.
There is an English and Chinese speaking guide in the duck tour. She will give you some introduction both in Chinese and English. You will notice there are two drivers in the Duck Tour, one for the land and the other one is for the water driver.
Key sights and landmarks include:
- Suntec City Fountain of Wealth
- Civic District War Memorial
- Old Supreme Court
- City Hall
- Singapore Flyer
- Gardens by the Bay
- Helix Bridge
- Esplanade Theatre
- Merlion Park
- New Marina Bay Financial District
- Marina Bay Sands
I did not manage to get all the pictures for the key sights and landmarks but was lucky get a bonus that is watching sea otters in Singapore River.
Marina Bay Sands
Louis Vuitton Island Maison
Garden ByThe Bay
Nice neighborhood of Singapore – Tanjung Rhu
Old Supreme Court & Historical Padang
Civic District War Memorial
Marina Square – Starting and Ending Point
Duck tour finished around an hour time, then it will pass by few landmarks on land such as Suntec City Fountain of Wealth, Old Supreme Court & Civic District War Memorial then back to Marina Square.
The next batch of Duck Tour tourists are lining up to hop in. Obviously very good business. Over 1 million passengers has tried Duck Tour for the past 15 years.
City Tourist Hub at Marina Square
I redeemed my ticket from City Tourist Hub located at Marina Square. Be half an hour early for check in.
Address : City Tours Hub @ Marina Square #01-221
Final thoughts :
Duck Tour is really a great way to see Singapore even for local Singaporean. You can act like a tourist and hop in the duck tour, learn more about Singapore and the important landmarks from the Singapore River view, it is totally a different perspective for the water. You will enjoy it especially the moment the duck enter into the water, you will hear lot of screaming and yelling from the passengers! That is the most fun part of all. One little tips, stay away from the first row behind the driver seat because you may get wet when the water splash.
You may like :
- Heart of Singapore : MBS – Merlion – Raffles
- Garden By The Bay – Check out the iconic supertree & skywalk.
- Esplanade Singapore – The iconic “durian” theatre in Singapore.
- Sentosa Island – Singapore man-made island that was built for fun and recreation.
Where to stay in Singapore
- Orchard Road – Orchard Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands – Marina Bay Sands Singapore
- Sentosa – Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, Singapore
- Chinatown – Furama City Center Hotel Singapore
- Balestier – Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park