There is something for everyone in Singapore, be it Nature, Museum, cultural, Shopping or food. You would love this safe and clean country. Singapore is a small island located at the southern tip Of Malaysia peninsula in Asia. I have been living in this small island for more than 10 years and I am still exploring.
Check out the lists below for things to do :
Tourist Hot Spot
- Heart of Singapore: MBS – Merlion – Raffles
- Garden By The Bay – Check out the iconic supertree & skywalk.
- Esplanade Singapore – The iconic “durian” theatre in Singapore.
- Sentosa Island – Singapore man-made island that was built for fun and recreation.
- Duck Tour – Learn more about Singapore and the important landmarks from the Singapore River view, it is totally a different perspective from the water. You will enjoy it especially the moment the duck enter into the water, you will hear a lot of screaming and yelling from the passengers!
- Singapore Zoo – Best Rainforest In The World!
- Singapore River Safari – Check out Jia Jia & Kai Kai panda!
- Jurong Bird Park – Enjoy an up-close encounter with pretty feathered friends.
- Singapore Chinese Garden/裕华园/Yu Hua Yuan – modeled the northern Chinese imperial style of architecture and landscape.
- Haw Par Villa – Singapore Tiger Balm Garden.
- Singapore Botanical Garden – Unesco World Heritage Site
- Singapore National Museum – Oldest museum in Singapore.
- Asian Civilization Museum – Learn about Asian arts & culture
- Peranakan Museum – Find out more about Baba and Nyonya, a unique hybrid culture in Singapore.
- National Art Gallery – Wake up your imagination.
- Singapore Philatelic Museum – Learn about stamps and old notes.
- Civil Defence Heritage Gallery – Singapore’s oldest surviving fire station.
- Singapore Discovery Centre – Big playground for kids.
Nature & Park
- Fort Canning – Steeped in history and green space in the heart of Singapore, a historical landmark.
- Southern Ridges & the Hortpark – Bird View Walk in Singapore Forest.
- Labrador Coastal Walk – An oasis of tranquility and natural wonders.
- Garden By The Bay “EAST” – Another place to check out Singapore Skyline.
- Marina Barrage – Singapore New lifestyle attractions.
- East Coast Park – Do water spot, picnic & seafood dinner.
- West Coast Park – Famous for it various type of playgrounds.
- Woodlands Waterfront – Overseeing Johor Straits.
- Admiralty Park – The Slides Paradise for all ages!
- Little Guilin @ Bukit Batok – Singapore’s oldest geological formations, the Gombak Norite, 550 – 250 million years ago!
- Singapore Railway Track History and Heritage – Great for photography.
Cultural & History
- Little India – One of the most vibrant districts in Singapore.
- Kampong Glam – Malay Heritage Center in Singapore.
- Singapore Chinatown 牛车水
- Katong – Rows of Pastel-colored Peranakan Terrace House.
- Telok Ayer Street – Telok Ayer Street is the street with the most National Monuments in Singapore.
- Orchard Road – Ultimate Shoppers Paradise!
- Marina Bay Sands – Top 10 things to do here.
- Suntec City – Receive Your Luck at Fountain of Wealth.
- Bugis – Cheap Bargain in Singapore.
Hang Out Bar & Restaurant
- Clarke Quay – A place to chill with a beer in front of the Singapore River waterfront.
- Bras Basah – One-way street with many interesting histories and houses several important landmarks in Singapore.
- Dempsey Hill – Just 10 mins away from Orchard, chic place for pub & restaurants.
- Kusu Island – Find out the legend & turtle stories behind Kusu Island.
- Coney Island – Scenic cycling routes in Singapore.
- Tanjong Pagar – Little Korean Town in Singapore.
- Toa Payoh -Grandfather of all public housing towns/HDB in Singapore.
- Tiong Bahru – Oldest Neighborhood in Singapore.
- Balestier – Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.
- Tanjung Rhu – One Of The Nicest Neighborhood in Singapore!
- Light Up In Orchard Road – Only available during year end.
- Garden By The Bay Mid Autumn Celebration – Only available during the mid-autumn period, September each year.
- Civic District Outdoor Festival – available in mid of August.
- Horse Racing – Expect no fancy hats at Singapore Kranji Racecourse and one bet is never enough! It is much cheaper compare to gambling in Marina Bay Sands. A totally different experience and if you like horses, this is really a cool place for you to spend on a Friday evening!
- Raffles Marina – Enjoying a romantic meal looking over the lighthouse.
- Kranji Farm Resort – Experience some tranquility of this “ulu ulu” place.
- Singapore Tiger Beer Factory – First locally-brewed beer, also the national beer for Singapore.
Top Food to Explore
- Bak Kut Teh
- Fried Carrot Cake
- Fried Oyster Omelette
- Chilli Crab
- Curry Fish head
- Wanton Noodle
- Chicken Rice
- Prawn noodles/Fried version or soup
- Dessert – Ice Kacang & Cendol
- Fruit – Durian & Mangosteen & Jackfruit & Rambutans
- Drinks – Tiger Beer
Where to stay
- Orchard Road – Orchard Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands – Marina Bay Sands Singapore
- Sentosa – Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, Singapore
- Chinatown – Furama City Center Hotel Singapore
- Balestier – Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park
Neighboring countries you may like :
Other Self Drive Destination
- USA California – 16 Days 13 Nights
- UK Round the Island – 11 Days 9 Nights
- Taiwan Round the Island – 8 Days
- Japan Central Region – 8 Days
- Japan Kyushu Island – 8 Days
I have affiliate program with the following booking website, so please click at your preference booking website here to check the hotels or airbnb you like to stay for your Singapore trip.
Booking Resources :